Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, February 4, 2012

What a Blessing - I heard her name today

Today was Hannah's family birthday party.  I had such a lovely time, the truth is I had not really been feeling very sad although I did think about Samantha and how I missed her.  My father in law took some "Samantha" balloons to be filled with helium.  We had her lilies and her scrapbook displayed.  When we were opening presents I got a beautiful gift.

My brothers and sister and parents got Hannah a necklace with her initials on it.  They gave me one with Samantha's!  They wanted it to remind me that they have never forgotten her and never will.  My brother and sister in law to be also got us a beautiful Willow Remembrance ornament.  It was such a lovely gesture- and a card saying how they love me and think of Samantha.  I can't tell you what a blessing it was.
Then as I was cleaning up I found a card addressed to Samantha Lily.  It was from Hannah and Samantha's Godparents.  They just letting her know they celebrate her birth and always pray for her.  We are so blessed to have family that not only don't mind if we talk about our baby but also talk about her because they know I need to hear her name.  The day was definitely about Hannah.  But Samantha was right there with us in our hearts and minds.  
Actually this morning I started out feeling sad trying to decide if I would write about the day Samantha had surgery.  It's amazing that we got through all of that unscathed only to lose her weeks later.  However the rest of the day the joy of having Hannah and being surrounded by my family, filled my heart and mind.  It is such a pleasure to plan and throw a party like that so that my loved ones can all be together.  
I felt Samantha there with us in spirit.  I knew she was praying for all of us in the presence of God in total peace and joy.  I believe God answered her prayer for Him to send me comfort today through my family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved