Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Happy Second Birthday Samantha!


We simply couldn't get Hannah to smile for the camera while at the cemetery.  We guessed that maybe she felt our grief and sadness as well as excitement being that she hardly slept 3-4 hours in a row the night before.  Two years ago I had two sweet little babies in the NICU.
http://losjuanhijos.blogspot.com/2010/01/babies.html

I held them for the first time two years ago yesterday.
 But today was a really special day because they were both awake and alert. (And I was a little more back to reality)
It was so amazing to see their little eyes and old thier hands and hear them cry- I just had a beautiful grace given to me- I found a video of Samantha crying and one of me holding her little hand- that I had never seen before. I found a few to pictures too that arent in her scrap book. (That will make a nice birthday gift.) If Samantha hadn't passed away I imagine I would have spent a fleeting moment or two at the wonder of how far my little girls had come. Now I can still be amazed at my little Hannah but I am just shocked still at the fact that the hopes and dreams I had this day would never come true.
I feel we sucessfully honored Samantha with a trip to the cemetery and a balloon release. I even got to share my scrapbook with a few friends. Some old ones that had just never seen it and some new ones that hadnt heard the whole story.
A friend of mine called to wish Hannah and Samantha a Happy Birthday. It was so nice to hear her name. I really wish she was here.
Happy Birthday, my little saint.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved